Updated .72beta

Somewhere I goofed, one of the dll’s was not getting registered, so I had to add that in and it should now work fine.  I also fixed the Convert.toBool error some are getting, at least I hope so.  I didn’t change the release number, so on the download page it will still show .72beta, but it is different than yesterdays release.   Use the “Remove Programs” to remove the current install, then install the new version.   

Also, I was testing on an emulator and found in the regular task manager IMAP Idle was taking up over 2 megs.  After I shit my pants, I looked into it and found that the default task manager actually reports this incorrectly.  It includes in that number all the common libraries that are already in memory.  Take a look:

Task Manager 1This is the default Manager, it shows ImapIdleService at 2.38 MB, and 2% CPU usage (this has been running for over an hour by the way).

Here is DotFred’s Task Manager:

Task Manager 2This shows just over 1 MB!  That is quite a difference!  As I started looking around, I looked at all the modules loaded by the service, and many are already loaded by other programs.  In short, don’t take these numbers to heart!

Let me know of any issues, again, please post a comment on this site, I get instantly notified when a post is made (and the page views help support the project).  

 

Thanks

Gudy

 

6 Responses to “Updated .72beta”

  1. Marcus - May 5th, 2009

    Hi out there, i like your EmailScheduler, but in v .72 i’m not getting past “socket reset” (the status text) in the imap-idle settings dialog, i tried out .71 an there the socket connection to my imap server is established correctly….

  2. Marcus - May 6th, 2009

    …as an addition, i’m trying to use MobileMe as my Imap-Idle Server (works with ImapPusherService which has a well known crashes-problem after about an hour). I am now (after reinstalling the program) getting an “Idle supported” message but no mails are getting pushed…

  3. mgudenka - May 7th, 2009

    send me a debug.txt (support@gudensoft.com).

    Gudy

  4. Alex - May 8th, 2009

    This new version has made the cpu use much better at first averaging around 2-4% cpu but every 20 seconds approx. it would jump to 12%. However after 5 minutes it went to 100% cpu only dropping to 87% occasionaly, and has not returned to low cpu usuage since.

    Debug.txt attached in this post http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=3750801&postcount=241.
    At roughly 09:02 it went to 100% cpu. The debug.txt shows no entries from this time. I left it running for 20 mins.

  5. maxvernon - June 11th, 2009

    Dude! Fantastic work! I’ve been scouring the web for a Windows Mobile IMAP IDLE solution for months! You ROCK!

  6. maxvernon - June 11th, 2009

    I’ve noticed the “Options” page for IMAP IDLE Settings appears to not save my choices to the registry for ‘OpenSSL’ and ‘Debug File’. If I check-mark them, then hit ‘OK’, then hit ‘Save’ on the main form, the program saves the settings to the registry, but the next time I open the app, the settings page shows them as unchecked. Also when I reset my device, the Email Scheduler service seems to not connect unless I open the settings form and check-mark ‘OpenSSL’ and hit ‘Start’.

Leave a Reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.